Saturday, March 25, 2006

When I was a little boy.

When I was a little boy (fifth grade or sixth grade) I was part of a "car pool". Different parents would take me and my class chums to and from school. One day as I was being dropped off by someone's mom she said to me, "Have a good day, lover".

"Have a good day, lover?" I was still trying to figure out why people had sex but made love. I was woefully unprepared to handle such an erotic sounding farewell. It was really disturbing to hear my friends mom refer to me as her lover.
It remains disturbing.

All of my stories contain important lessons, yet this one is so important I will state it in non-story form:
Never call an eleven year old your lover.

2 Comments:

Blogger casual ninja said...

this explains the romance in professor romance. it's like your origin story.

it might also explain your uncontrollable sobbing everytime i call you lover.

might.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Josh Krauter said...

This reminds me of the time I was called "tenderballs" by an 82-year-old retired circus clown.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home