Sunday, May 15, 2005

Rasheed tells them again!

Last year the Pistons drop game one against Indiana during the playoffs. Rasheed Wallace (a player on the Pistons) guarantees a Pistons victory in their next game. Detroit wins, and a prophet is born! This year I wrote a post recalling that grand feat. Days later Detroit drops two straight to Indiana in this years playoffs. After the last tragic loss, Rasheed once again guaran-fucken-tees that Detroit will win the next game. Today Detroit won that next game. The man is a god. What kind of god? He leads the league every year in technical fouls (i.e. going fucking nuts). He holds the league record for all-time most technicals in one season. In that record setting season of magic he averaged a technical foul every two games. Which means every two games he flipped out, cursed a ref, attacked a player, stripped off his shirt, or did something equally nuts. A few years ago he was fined by the league for threatening the life of a referee out on a loading dock after a game. It seems Rasheed waited for the ref to leave the stadium, which occurs way after the game, way after all the players have already left the arena. I guess the refs have to stay late to take care of all their statistic keeping duties. Actually I have no idea what referees do outside of what I saw in the Billy Crystal/Meg Ryan documentary about NBA refs in Paris. I saw it with Gaylord, but it turned out to be a love story. Very touching.) Anyway, Rasheed waits something around 3 hours so he can be alone with the Ref on a loading dock in a deserted parking lot... and threatens to kill him! He was fined a couple hundred thousand dollars for this act. And yet the man has been graced by god to see the future! Holy Shit! I started guaranteeing all sorts of things trying to be like Rasheed. I guaranteed that I wasn't going to burn the frozen pizza I cooked. I didn't! I guaranteed the pizza was going to be tasty. IT WAS! HOLY SHIT! HOLY RAFUCKINGSHEED SHIT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home