Monday, May 09, 2005

Lakers versus Celtics and the NBA playoffs

Howdy allies!
Once again the NBA playoffs are upon us! The great ballet of bouncing balls begins anon! Who to root for? Who to curse? Slam Dunk! ALLY….OOOP. PASS PASS BOUNCE! Is this not the game of kings? Of Kings of Kings? OF GODS?

Holy shit, I love watching the basketball. From Kurtis Blow to Manute Bol, there is not only entertainment for the eyes, but wisdom for the soul. “Be cool, STAY IN SCHOOL”, said Isiah Thomas. Be cool indeed. For truly it is the sport of basketball that shows that only education is cool--not young beautiful people with social grace and sexual prowess. Listen to Isiah Thomas, my friends, listen. And who can forget the words of the Black Eyed Peas: “Lets get it started”. I can't. I heard these words at least a hundred times during last years playoffs. I don't even know what it means but I can still tell you something. I can tell you to "Get it Started!" Most important, are the words of the great prophet and sage Rasheed Wallace, who after making good on his guarantee last year that Detroit would win against Indiana, proudly walked off of the court with his middle finger thrust to the crowd, and said, "I told ya so, mother fuckers, I told ya so."
Tell them again Rasheed. Tell them again.
May the Pistons repeat, may Shaq dunk many balls, and may the last great male soap opera continue to soar to new majestic heights.

GO PISTONS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home