Thursday, April 28, 2005

Duty now! For the the Future

Last night I invited a few friends over to watch some sitcom on some dvds. It was great. We were drinking some beer, maxin, relaxin, and having a decent time. When the eve is over everyone is sent packing. I politely say goodbye to everyone and everything is great. Then a girl extends her arm laterally from her body while saying goodbye to me. I am confused. Why is her arm out like that? Why is she standing across from me? The door is already open. What does she want? Is her arm broken?
A light bulb flashes, and I realize she is trying to give a parting hug. What the hell am I supposed to do now? I have already stood there awkwardly for way too long. Now don't get the wrong idea everyone. This was a just a sweet girl simply being nice. There was nothing questionable at all about her motives. She knows nothing of my passion, nor does she want to. She was just trying to say goodbye with a hug. I respond to her kind gesture with the statement "I get it, you want a hug" and follow with a really confused attempt at a hug (I still wasn't certain that my original guess about a broken arm was wrong). So I manage to make her feel stupid while looking none too cool either. What is the lesson in all of this? The lesson is simple: If you try to hug Professor Sympathy you will feel dumb.

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh Krauter said...

How would this scenario have gone down if you were in your Professor Romance persona? Or if she wasn't a lady at all, but former President Gerald Ford?

2:28 PM  
Blogger Old Stallion said...

Scenario with girl and the Professor of Desire (PD)

Girl: Bye Bye! (Extends arm)
PD: I see your arm is now extended horizontally from your body... As you can plainy see from the massive tent pitched in my soon to be dropped pants, my penis is extended horizontally from my body. Quite the pair we two make. What say we do away with the lies and the bullshit and simply satisfy our deepest cravings?
Girl: Oh PD! You are so romantic!
PD: It's Tea Baggin TIME

Scenario with PD and former President Gerald Ford
Ford: Bye bye (extends arm)
PD: Go fuck yourself asshead.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home