Monday, May 01, 2006

Another Reason I like the NBA. (trust me, read this)

"(Reggie) Evans grabbed the Los Angeles Clippers center from behind and below the belt in the second quarter of Game 4 in Denver, prompting Kaman to shove him to the ground. Officials did not see Evans' move, whistling only Kaman for a type-one flagrant foul and Nugget Ruben Patterson for a technical foul for the chest-pounding that followed." Denver Post

"But with the benefit of instant replay, the NBA could set Denver back a second power forward; Kenyon Martin remains under a team suspension. NBA spokesman Tim Frank said Sunday that the league is investigating. It could hit Evans with a suspension today." Denver Post

"I've talked to a lot of people, and they've never seen that," said Kaman, who spoke with NBA officials Sunday. "I've never seen that in all my years in basketball, that someone (would) do that before. I don't think it has anything to do with basketball at all. It's totally ridiculous for someone to do that in a game. I don't care one way or another what happens to him." Denver Post

"Kaman said he told referees that Evans grabbed his testicles and "pulled hard," and repeated his account in an interview Sunday with an NBA security official. TV replays appeared to indicate Evans put his hand under Kaman's shorts as they battled for position near the basket." Los Angeles Times

"Kaman, who played despite being slowed by a viral illness, said he considered punching Evans. "With what we're trying to do, I didn't want to get thrown out," he said. "I thought about it, but I knew what would happen. "One of the refs said he would have knocked [him] out. It was crazy." Los Angeles Times

"It was unbelievable," Kaman said. "Sometimes, you're boxing out and you hit somebody. But the dude reaches from behind me, grabs my (private parts) and tries to rip them off, basically. I couldn't believe it. The first thought I had was, 'What the heck just happened? I get violated and I'm playing a basketball game.' " Rocky Mountain News

"I don't want to ever talk to that guy again," Kaman said. "For somebody to do something like that to me, it's ridiculous." Rocky Mountain News

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home