Monday, November 14, 2005

this is one of the greatest comic books ever!




Look at the cover price.

Shit. Burdon really is the best. When I thought all my books were floating around the city, it was the loss of these simple and great comics that saddened me. I've been flipping through my collection and while I think I'm going to give my nephew the vast majority of them, I will keep the carrots, and the other silly stuff. I can't get over how good they are.

In this one, a monster plagues a city, and a liberal (who was disgusted by the needless fighting) gets his arm bitten off by the monster when he tries to give the monster a "peace sandwich". Invincible man finally defeats the monster by hitting him at max overdrive speed, and upon impact a monkey pops out of the monster's mouth. Later the monkey's owner comes by and demands his return. Mr. Invincible reluctantly agrees to return the monkey after nifty boy points out that the crummy monkey probably poops all over place. This leads to perhaps the greatest line in any comic. You can read this line by clicking on the black and white comic

1 Comments:

Blogger Spacebeer said...

Bob Burdon is the super best.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home